What's It To You?

My name is Brent Byerly and this is my personal Sci Fi modeling site. I have been crafting wooden spaceship models for several years now and until this blog could only display them on a bookshelf. Thanks to the wonders of the web they may finally have a wider audience. Please feel free to comment (keep it family friendly please).



Sunday, April 4, 2010

Next Up: The USS Surprise In Progress

This is the USS Surprise currently being assembled in the "shipyard". She's a contemporary of Enterprise NCC-1701. Small and agile. An escort maybe. I'll have to think about it.

The original idea for this one was to base it on a smaller model I had made previously but with segmented "old school" nacelles.


I decided to alter the nacelles from the segmented Daedalus type to a more TOS version.
Almost there.
Auto panel fasteners make great deflector dishes.

No comments: